Full Time Veterinary Nurse - Morayfield QLD
|Position Title||Veterinary Nurse|
|Position Type||Full Time|
Full Time Veterinary Nurse
Over 1900 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with Greencross Vets. Our vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work/life balance and career opportunities throughout the 136 plus veterinary related businesses in the Greencross Vets family. At Greencross Vets your passion for pets is exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care. We invite you to join Greencross Vets for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Greencross Vets, a pioneer in the Veterinary landscape for over 9 years, are committed to raising the industry bar and we want you to be a part of our journey! An exciting Full Time opportunity exists for a qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our passionate team at our Morayfield clinic. Our clinic operates 7 days a week, this role will require an individual with flexible availability to work a rotating roster including alternate weekends.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Caring, handling and cleaning all animals;
- Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment;
- Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care;
- Performing minor procedures when required;
- Delivering outstanding client care to all patients and owners;
- Participating as an enthusiastic team member with a positive ‘go-getter’ attitude;
- Handling client enquiries professionally in person, by email and over the phone;
- Administration duties and associated tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and expertise:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent;
- 2+ years of experience working as a Veterinary Nurse;
- Excellent phone manner, communication skills & customer service skills;
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures;
- Confidence in monitoring anaesthesia;
- A calm & friendly professional with a sense of humour;
- An amazing ‘can do’, team player attitude.
What we can offer you:
- An interesting and varied role as well as a dynamic and supportive team environment;
- Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews;
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
- Access to our rewards scheme.
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications. If this role is the right one for you, and you would like to become part of the dynamic Greencross team, please email your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to: