Full Time Veterinarian - Hallam Animal Emergency Centre
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Location||Hallam, Victoria |
|Contact Phone||0439 296 263|
FULL TIME ECC VETERINARIAN
The Animal Emergency Centre in Hallam has a 39 year history of providing after-hours emergency services to the pets of Melbourne. Our team led by our Fellow in Emergency and Critical Care has extensive internal reference materials and training opportunities (clinical protocols, textbook library and journal access) facilitating expert case management. We provide a supportive learning environment for all skill levels, with an emphasis on teamwork to deliver high standards of customer and patient care.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Full Time ECC Veterinarian to join our team! We have everything you will need to practice at your best including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory including CBC, biochemistry, PT/APTT, electrolytes, blood gas, acid-base, glucose, lactate, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography, CT and mechanical ventilation. There is regular interaction with and support available from our team of specialists in Surgery, Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging. This allows our veterinarians to gain additional knowledge and experience in these related disciplines.
This opportunity is available to an enthusiastic Veterinarian with strong clinical skills and a real interest in emergency medicine. This role would be perfect for someone who thrives in a fast paced exciting environment with like-minded people. The successful applicant would be required to work as required, which would include weekends and public holidays on a rotational roster.
If successful, you will have access to:
- Industry leading remuneration (commensurate with experience);
- VIN and AVA Membership;
- Access to continuing education, along with management and clinical mentoring programs;
- An interesting and varied role;
- Access to a support network of like-minded professionals;
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and expertise:
- Qualifications as a Veterinarian;
- Current Veterinary Registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest in emergency medicine;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians.
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
If you would like to become part of the dynamic Hallam team, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to: